1. Run across - To find or discover by chance.
- Tom ran across a bear in the woods.
- When Tom was hiking alone in the woods, he ran across a bear three times bigger than he is. It really surprised him.
2. Run down - To hit someone with a car or other vehicle and injure or kill them.
- Tom ran down a woman.
- When Tom was driving alone for the first time, he ran down a woman. He got out of the car and found out that it was a mannequin.
3. Run down - To read quickly a list or other short text.
- Tom is running down his Christmas list.
- Christmas is coming soon, so Tom is running down his Christmas list again to check what gifts to buy for his family.
4. Run into -- To impact directly.
- Tom has run into a telephone pole.
- Tom has run into a telephone pole because he was looking all over for the contact lens that he just lost.
5. Run out - To use up
- Tom ran out of gas.
- Tom was on his way back home to see his family, but he ran out of gas while driving in the desert.
6. Run over - To drive over.
- Tom ran over a rock.
- Tom bought a brand-new car yesterday. He was driving the car for the first time when he ran over a rock and got a flat tire.
Nếu bạn cảm thấy bài viết hay và hữu ích, hãy LIKE hoặc SHARE để mọi người cùng đọc nhé ^^