1. Divide between (2 people)
Example: John divides his energies between running the company and playing golf.
2. Divide among (more than 2 people)
Example : I think we should divide the costs equally among us.
3. Interfere with (can thiệp)
Example: Even a low level of noise interferes with my concentration.
4. Invest in (đầu tư vào cái gì)
Example: The company invested millions of dollars in the new programs.
5. Participate in (tham gia)
6. Arrive at/in (địa điểm nhỏ: at; địa điểm lớn:in)
Example : It was dark when we arrived at the station.
It was dark when we arrived in London.
7. Caution against (thận trọng với)
Example: The authority cautioned the local residents against buying Chinese fruit.
8. Compete with (cạnh tranh với)
Example: If a company competes with another, it tries to get people buy its products instead of the other company.
9. Contribute to (đóng góp)
Example: Falling sales in the American market contributed to the company’s collapse.
10. Cooperate with (hợp tác với)
Example: He said he had cooperated with the government in its investigation.
11. Deal with (giải quyết, xử lí)
12. Account for (=explain)
Example: The army made no attempt to account for the missing men.
13. Accustom oneself to (làm quen với)
Example: I’ll try to accustom myself to the changes.
14. Agree to a plan (đồng ý)
Example: Both sides agreed to the terms of the contract.
15. Agree with someone
Example: Much as I respect you, I can’t agree with you in this case.
16. Approve of (=agree)
Example: I thoroughly approve of what the management is doing.
Example: The second part of the contract deals with the duties of both sides.
17. Decide on (quyết định)
Example: We’ve decided on the new design for the house.
18. Increase/Decrease by (tăng/giảm bao nhiêu)
Example: House rent increased by 5% last month.
19. Depend on (phụ thuộc vào)
Example: The city economy depends largely on the car industry.
20. Divide …into (chia thành)
Example: The manager divided the staff into 4 groups working on the project.